Top Notice The Common Services/Info for Foreigners Yokoso to Funabashi BBS Sister Cities FIRA LINKS Mail to FIRA    

Application for “Hokago Room” (After-School Child-Care)

Hokago Rooms  (After-School Child-Care) are facilities for 1st to 3rd grade school children (also for 4th graders, if capacity can afford) who will not be with their parents at home after school because of their parents’ work schedules or illness, etc., and these students can stay there until 19:00 with staff.

They are open also during a long vacation, such as summer vacation, winter vacation, etc.

This service is also available for foreign residents with alien’s registration in Funabashi City.

In order to let your children participate in a Hokago Room from April 2007, you are requested to apply for it, including renewals, by January 31, 2007 (if your children have disability, by 28 December 2006) at Jido Ikusei-ka (Child Rearing Section) of the City Office.

You can get an application form in Shucchosho (branch offices of Funabashi City), Jido Homes (Facilities for Children), and Hokago Rooms.

However, admission is not decided on a first-come-first-served basis, but by the city’s own criteria.

The result will be announced to the applicants at the beginning of March.

For further information, please contact Jido Ikusei-ka of the City Office at 047-436-2956.