Domburi is a large ceramic bowl, and dishes which use this kind
of bowl are called Domburi-mono (Domburi dishes). The Domburi dish
which we introduce here is one which shows off a variety of different
seasonal mushrooms, and suitable for a lunch or a light evening meal.
4 bowls hot rice, 6 fresh Shiitake mushrooms, 1 pack Shimeji mushroom,
1 pack Eringi mushroom, 1 onion, 1/2 bunch Ao-negi(green onion),
some chopped Nori (laver), 4 eggs
For Dashi stock: 2 cups water, 2 tsp. Dashi-no-moto
(Japanese powdered stock), 4 tbsp. each of soy sauce
and Sake, a pinch of salt
(1) Cut the Shiitake and Eringi into strips. Cut off stem of
the Shimeji and separate into small pieces.
Cut the onion in half length and then into thin slices.
Chop the Ao-negi.
(2) Put the water, Dashi- no-moto, the ingredients of
(1) except Ao-negi into a pan and boil.
When tender, put the seasoning for Dashi stock and turn off
(3) Divide the rice into 4 Domburi.
(4) Heat 1/4 of (2) into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Beat an egg and stir it. Turn off the heat when egg is just cooked.
Put the mixture over a bowl of rice. Garnish with Ao- negi and Nori.
Repeat this process for 3 more.