Recently frequent earthquakes occurred in various parts of
Let us introduce to you Jishin Hoken or Earthquake Insurance.
1) Indemnity covered by
Earthquake Insurance is damages (fire/collapse/burying/washing away) by
earthquake/eruption/tsunami or tidal waves.
2) Fire Insurance covers fires of buildings and furniture, etc.
But fires caused by earthquakes are not covered.
3) There is no independent contract of Earthquake Insurance. The
contract for only Earthquake Insurance is not acceptable. It is to contract as
a set with Kasai Hoken or Fire insurance.
4) The contract amount of Earthquake Insurance is within the
limit of 30~50% of Fire Insurance contact amount.
5) The things which can be contracted as Earthquake Insurance are building for
residence(to be used only for living) and the multiple-use house( a dwelling
house also used for an office). The store and building only used for the office
and movable property such as office supplies/equipment and products which are
accommodated in the building are not covered by Earthquake Insurance.
6) For details, please consult with insurance companies or their